BLOG

Schneidermike

Find me on:

Recent Posts

Monetize Your App, Deliver Dynamic UX with Skyhook Context

Oct 30, 2014   

Posted by Schneidermike

Lat. 42.351994 Long. -71.047663

With the launch of Skyhook Context last month, we illustrate in our new video how apps can now deliver a more dynamic experience to their users while providing their advertisers better targeting opportunities. 

Read More

5 Innovative Wearables to Keep Tabs on Your Kids While Trick-or-Treating This Halloween

Oct 29, 2014   

Posted by Schneidermike

Lat. 42.351994 Long. -71.047663

With Halloween upon us, parents all over will soon be subject to an evening of trick-or-treating. Those parents with kids in the “too cool” age are heading out on their own, with friends, brothers, sisters - and it can be nerve-wracking not knowing where they are or when they are heading home.

In the age of abundant mobile phones and connected devices, we are transitioning into a time where it can be easier to know where loved ones are with device location - and though this may be at the center of heated debate, knowing your kids’ location during an event like Halloween night can give parents a little more peace of mind.

Read More

Topics: Devices

DSPs: How to Dramatically Increase Ad Performance with Location-Based Context

Oct 8, 2014   

Posted by Schneidermike

Lat. 42.351994 Long. -71.047663

The mobile ad ecosystem is a crowded marketplace of companies hustling to differentiate themselves and prove their value. When honing in on Demand Side Platforms (DSPs) specifically, the biggest differentiators for DSPs are their abilities to return the highest engagement out of their users - which also results in higher ROI for their clients. Because each DSP has their own specialty - from performance-based to highly targeted brand campaigns - their capabilities to serve their user base with the most relevant ad message is essential, as it drives campaign success.

Read More

Topics: Advertising

Jim Crowley Promoted from President to CEO as Jeff Glass Moves to Advisory Board

Aug 29, 2014   

Posted by Schneidermike

Lat. 42.351994 Long. -71.047663

Glass_Jeff_headhsot_200x200*Note that since the publishing of this blog post, management changes have been made. Check out the Skyhook About Page to view our current management team.

We are pleased to announce that Jim Crowley has been promoted to the position of CEO of Skyhook. Jeff Glass will move to Skyhook’s Advisory Board, where he will continue to be an actively engaged company advisor.

It has been an absolute pleasure working with Jeff and we’ve accomplished a tremendous amount under his leadership. Jeff helped to broaden our product offerings while sharpening our focus, all as he led Skyhook through a successful acquisition by TruePosition, a subsidiary of Liberty Media. We will miss his presence and leadership in the office every day, and we can’t wait to see what he does next.

Read More

Topics: Press Releases

5 Opportunities to Gather Contextually Relevant User Data to Personalize App UX

Aug 19, 2014   

Posted by Schneidermike

Lat. 42.351994 Long. -71.047663

With a marketplace packed with competition, launching a successful app in today’s mobile ecosystem is now more difficult than ever. Apps need to differentiate from the other 1.2 million apps in the app store, in addition to the other apps on each users device - which is roughly 26 on average.

Even with 50 million mobile apps downloaded every day, user attrition is at an all time high - 95% of apps are abandoned within a month, 1 in 4 are abandoned after a single day. That leaves an elite 5% of apps that are able to hook users.

Read More

Don't miss a single post:

Download our new eBook for AdTech and Publishers

Search our blog

Latest blog posts: